Changes to Nerang Mall in accordance with the Queensland Government-issued face mask mandate – 18 December 2021
The Queensland Government has announced that from 1:00am Saturday 18 December, masks will once again be mandatory in certain settings, including shopping centres, supermarkets, and retail shops.
This means that anyone visiting Nerang Mall will be required to wear a face mask at all times in indoor retail settings, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12
- Practical reasons e.g., eating or drinking
- Any other circumstances where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
In line with Queensland Government directives, masks are not required to be worn in hospitality venues such as restaurants and cafes.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit Nerang Mall.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work unless they have a valid reason not to.
- We have installed signage to remind our community that they must adhere to this mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Close work with our security team and local Police to assist in monitoring our community’s adherence to this directive.
For more information on the evolving situation and what this mask mandate means for you please visit: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
Keeping you safe at Nerang Mall
Our community’s health and wellbeing is our overriding priority and we continue to maintain a range of measures to help keep you safe when you visit Nerang Mall. These include::
- Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes, including a heightened focus on sanitising high-touch points with high-grade disinfectant, as well as increasing the number of cleaning rotations each day.
- Placement of hand sanitiser stations at key locations throughout the centre, including our main centre entrances for our entire community to access.
- Installation of signage across our Centre, reminding our community to keep 1.5 metres between themselves and others at all times, as well as the placement of Australian Government-issued information posters in our bathrooms which outline crucial information on how you can help stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Acting with kindness –we ask for your support in ensuring Nerang Mall continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
- Using the QLD Check In App – We encourage you to check in at Nerang Mall, as well as any retailers you visit, next time you are at the Centre by using the Check In QLD app to scan the QR codes available to you.
How you can help
While visiting Nerang Mall, we ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5 metres between yourself and others
- Exemplary personal hygiene – wash your hands regularly and use the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience.
- Handling illness safely – cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue and, most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Adhere to capacity guidelines – currently in QLD the one in two square metre rule applies. Please adhere to retailer maximum capacity numbers which are outlined at their store entrance.
- Plan your visit – due to restricted numbers in our restaurants and beauty salons please ensure you contact individual retailers to book your visit.
We ask for your support in ensuring Nerang Mall continues to be a place of kindness and compassion for all our customers and staff throughout this unprecedented situation.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding COVID-19, including case locations, we encourage you to visit QLD Health’s website at https://www.health.qld.gov.au/.
With all that said, we remain open for business and sincerely look forward to seeing you at Nerang Mall Shopping Centre.